Holy Trinity, Blendworth
Our Church is open all year round to visitors:
9am to 4pm during the winter
7am to 6pm in the summer
About Holy Trinity
Built in 1852 to replace St Giles in Old Blendworth, Holy Trinity serves the hamlet of Blendworth and the eastern side of Horndean which is bordered by the A3.
The church has a rich history and there are many splendid architectural features for visitors to enjoy. Find out more about our history and download our visitors’ guide.
1st Sunday of the month: 8am BCP Communion.
1st, 3rd & 5th Sundays: 11am Holy Communion.
2nd Sunday of the month: Morning Prayer
Our Ministry and Mission in and for the Community
Horndean Junior School
We have links with our local Church of England Junior School in Horndean taking part in Collective Worship and other activities about faith.
Horndean Parish Council
We participate and assist Horndean Parish Council with Remembrance Sunday and the Annual Carols in the village square.
Reading at the Horndean Carols in the Square
Horndean Carols in the Square
Remembrance @ Blendworth
The Wreaths of EHDC & the Parish Council at our memorial
We will remember them
Remembrance @ Blendworth
At Holy Trinity
Christmas Tree Festival
Our annual Christmas Tree Festival features a range of decorated trees from community groups and businesses.
It is a direct connection between our church building and our community as we invite everyone to come and view the trees and get to know our church community. The Festival ends with our traditional Nine Lessons & Carols Service.
Maintaining our Church Building
Rakers & Scrapers
Got some time to spare? Why not join us to keep our churchyard looking tidy and welcoming. We meet on the 3rd Saturday of the month, 10 – 12pm
The north side of the church
The PCC of Holy Trinity, Blendworth is bringing forward a programme of repair to ensure that this lovely church continues to be properly maintained for future generations to enjoy. Our roof is suffering from ‘nail sickness’ and requires extensive restoration. We are initiating an appeal to the community to help us repair the roof so that it can be safe and secure for another generation.
We have set up a fundraising page at: and we have lots of events planned too. Please find further details on our News and Calendar pages. For further details, please see the Repair and Conservation page or pick up a leaflet at the church.
Holy Trinity is nearly 170 years old, and therefore as churches go, quite a modern building. The church is the successor to at least two former buildings which existed in Old Blendworth. The present church was designed by WG & E Habershon with flint walls, steeply pitched roofs and a broached spire above the tower. The foundation stone was laid in 1851, and the consecration of the church was in 1852. The original choir vestry was built in 1904 by public subscription, and was extended in 1979 with the addition of the flat roof vestry.
Although past buildings may be gone, records dating from 1303 are still held. Among them is a list of Rectors beginning with Adam de Boudone in the south aisle. The registers date from 1586.
When visiting the church there are plenty of architectural features to enjoy including:
The Reredos with its carved canopy of alabaster enclosing three mosaic panels depicting St Andrew’s Cross in the centre the left St Peter, and the right St Paul. The pulpit and font are also made of alabaster.
Various stained-glass windows including a substantial west window depicting the ‘Walking on the Water’. This was damaged by a land mine in the Second World War and was repaired by the artist Vanessa Cutler in 2003.
The tower contains a bell cast at the Whitechapel Bell Foundry in 1898, and contains a clock with chimes as a memorial to those who fell in the 1914-18 war, and as a thanksgiving to God for those who returned. This is maintained by Horndean Parish Council.
A Bas relief of St Thomas given by the former Rector Reverend Ewen Pinsent and his family in memory of their son, Thomas who died of leukaemia, can be found in the organ loft. Thomas’ younger brother, Matthew, became the famous international Olympic rower.
The Clock War Memorial
Jesus walks on the water
The view from the nave
Memorial to Thomas Pinsent
Feed the five thousand
How to find Holy Trinity
Blendworth Lane, Horndean. PO8 0AB
Please note that, owing to its location, there is no postal service to the church. Postal correspondence should be addressed to the BCI Benefice Office, c/o St John’s Parish Office, 120 Redhill Road, Rowlands Castle, PO9 6DF